Join Zero Waste Washington
Make a donation – we are a membership-based organization. Help support the work of Zero Waste Washington by making a donation.
Sign up for the mailing list and let us know you want to take action.
Volunteer with us
We can use your help, once in a while or on a regular basis. Our current volunteer projects are listed below:
- We have a cool project working on waste reduction in schools in Seattle this fall. We are doing skits at elementary schools and need people to be the “waste monsters” or help with the AV system. This is very simple – not fancy acting!
- We are doing “Fix-It Fairs” in Tacoma, Seattle, and Kitsap county and need fixers and volunteer help doing logistics at the events. Super fun!
- We also are doing some work in Seattle to try to get better food service ware. This would be for people who live in Seattle.
- We have a team of volunteers to help write the FAQ section of our website. We have the webpage tee’d up and want to add a ton of zero waste-related topics (Q and A format) – https://zerowastewashington.org/questions-and-answers/ As you can see, we have not yet built this page out yet and want to do it in a creative and interesting way. And also provide deep answers (how, why, where, etc.).
- If you live in Burien, we need help doing outreach to businesses about plastics ordinances, help with litter cleanup events, and a movie night.
- In Seattle and in Snohomish County, we are starting a project at the end of September. We will be doing outreach to businesses to ask them to sign up to be refill stations (goal is to reduce single-use plastic water bottles).
- Finally, we are doing work on plastic reduction (city or county level ordinances) in specific locations. This is for people who live in those cities. If this is of interest, can you let us know what city (or unincorporated area) you live?
If you are interested in volunteering please email us at email@example.com
RFP for Development Consultant/Assistance
Zero Waste Washington seeks one or more consultants to help us develop messaging, donor management practices, and a major gifts program. See RFP here.
Responses must be received by midnight PDT on September 6, 2019.