Tacoma Non-profit Event Supplies Network
Here are some basic instructions on how to set up an account, add items to share, and borrow items from other members.
- Sign up for an account at NeighborGoods.net.
- Verify account.
- Edit profile to reflect your neighborhood,
- Join our group. In the group section, search by “Tacoma” then click on “Tacoma Non-Profit Event Supplies”. Click on “Apply to Join” on the right. In the comment section of this, write in the name of your group.
- Add inventory.
- Set up google calendar or ical to track when things are available.
- Add to the wishlist.
- Read the sharing guidelines at: http://neighborgoods.net/sharing-guidelines
Add items to share.
- Consider what items you feel comfortable sharing.
- Find the “Add an item” button on the site.
- Fill out the form.
- Add a photo.
- Be sure to include in the description what you expect if the item is lost or damaged. Decide who you would like to share this item with under “Who can borrow this item?”. Then add this to my inventory.
To borrow something
- On the bottom left, you should find the groups section with “Tacoma Non-Profit Event Supplies” listed. Click on that.
- Now you will see tabs in the middle of the page and one for “inventory”. You can scroll through the list or search by name.
- If you find something you want, click on it. If it’s not available now, it may still be available when you need it; simply send the owner a note/email. If it is available, click “borrow”. Enter your phone number and in the “what I will use this for” section, please include the dates you would like to borrow the item and the statement “I will replace if lost or damaged!” if you agree to that (many organizations will expect that and it is likely contingent on lending).