A Call for Producer Responsibility
Please sign this Call for Producer Responsibility. It will help us let manufacturers know that residents want Producer Responsibility in Washington State.
Sign the Call!
We want Producer Responsibility because it is a fair, responsible, and environmentally-sound way of dealing with products and packaging, and it encourages sustainable product and packaging design.
We believe that:
- Producers should be stewards of the products and packaging they make. That means being accountable for the environmental and health impacts for the full life cycle of those products – from production to use to recycling.
- Producers should design their products to be non-toxic, less wasteful to produce, easier to reuse and recycle, and longer lasting. The products we buy should be safe for our families, the workers who make and recycle them, the communities where they are made, and the planet.
- Producers should provide and pay for convenient recycling programs for the products they make. We want easy ways to recycle and governments and taxpayers should not have to foot the bill.
- Producers should make sure that the products they take back are recycled in a responsible manner.
- Producers should provide complete information about the products they make. For example, they should tell us what chemicals are in their products and how they produce and recycle their products.